Saturday 7 January 2012

Making my own car lights!

I was researching and came across these artists that do 'light graffiti'. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 This is where they create art using lights. I thought this was amazing! Straight away I wanted to create my own car lights but i wasn't sure how to.
When I was taking pictures of my clay light boxes I accidentally moved the camera and got a stream of light comming from the boxes. This looked really like a car light..Bingo! :D I decided to do this using different ways to create my light.

 Here I used poy. Poy are two colourful balls attached to two seperate strings. Circus people swing these two strings in different ways to create amazing light shows. I came up with brillant pictures from using the poy. I think they really resembled car lights.
Here I used two flash lamps and just swang them around the room like a crazy person! Because I used two and they were white I thought the really looked like the headlights of a car.
Here I used two glowsticks to create my light. Although they didn't turn out near as well as the poy or flashlamps, I think they still slighty resembled car lights, and they made some nice light graffiti anyway!





I really enjoyed making my own car lights. I found this the most fasinating part of the project because no matter how hard I tried I could never get the same line or shape twice. I found it exciting not knowing how the pictures would turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment