Wednesday 25 January 2012

PRINT!!

The first elective I'm doing for two weeks is print, and I'm finding it loads of fun. :) We were giving our project brief. At first it sounded like a lot of big words and a lot of confusion, but after sussing it out, it was actually a really nice project. We had to create a print using the theme of our immediate space, a space that defines us.
I brainstormed a bit. I was trying to figure out what space defines me. I then thought, the one thing I always have to have with me is my handbag. Everything I need is always in my handbag!! I emptied everything that was in my handbag at that time onto the table. At first looking at the objects I didn't think they really defined who I was. After looking at all the objects individually I realised they did. I had objects like my camera and my pencil case, showing the artistic and creative side to my personality. There was my notepad, USB, and pens showing how I'm organised. There was my comb, hair clips, and lipstick showing just how overly girly I really am. There was also my keys, fags, phone, lighter, purse and ipod, these were the things I need with me the whole time, my essentials! I was thinking of how to print these. I took photos of them all laid neatly on the table. I took photos of them individually, and I took photos of them randomly thrown in my bag, as they usually are.


I decided to go with the last photo and have them in my bag as they usually are. At first I was going to put apart of the bag in the print, but I then realised it was the actual handbag that defined me, but what was in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment