Saturday 7 January 2012

making wax and ice sculptures

I wanted to make scluptures of my shapes. I thought these shapes sculpted in a glass-like medium would look really delicate like pieces of jewelary. I made moulds out of clay. I then painted laytex onto the clay to make my moulds for the ice and wax.

    I first tried this using wax. I put coloured thread through the wax pieces. The colours I used represents the car lights. I wanted the piece to imitate the colour of the car light (thread) shining through the glass that protects it (wax). I think these turned out really well. The delicasy of the wax reflects the delicasy of glass. I think the coloured thread comming through the wax look really well.


I then made ice sculptures of the shapes. I made these sculpures smaller as I think they seemed more delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment