Sunday 1 April 2012

glueing, sewing, knitting, boiling, sticking and much more :)

<< From this photo of a tire I made the swatch above. I simply cut out sand paper in the shapes of the tire pattern and glued them to material. I chose sand paper as a material as it has the same gritty, rough texture as the tire has.
















From the picture above I created this swatch. >>
The picture is a close up of a tree. I think the pattern looked really bubbly. I tried to transform this pattern onto fabric by using shaboori. I then dyed the fabric using curry powder.

 
From This photo of leaves in a pond I came up with these two swatches. For the first one I covered hessin in layers if selotape. Then I layered it with embroidery threads, string and pieces of matieral. I poured laytex over it to help the thread stick to the matieral and give the swatch a watery, glassy look.


For my next swatch I finger knitted pieces using blue and wine coloured wools. I layed them down in the pattern of the photo and poured laytex over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment