Sunday 1 April 2012

more swatches!!











From the picture above I created these three swatches. With the first swatch I pleated the fabric. Then I mixed laytex and brown paint and painted on the design of the wood planks on the pleated fabric. 

With the second swatch I paint the design of the wood planks using black ink on material that I got from a floor mop.



I wanted to use actual wood chips as material to represent the wood in the picture. I got wadding and glued saw dust to it. Then I spray painted it brown. I then cut a stencil of the pattern on the previous swatch out. I put this stencil over my matieral and spray painted blue over it. Unfortunatley the pattern did not come out as clear as I hoped on the swatch.


<< This swatch was to represent one of my pictures taken of a tree. I mixed laytex with brown and black paints. I painted the laytex on wadding then. I cut through some heshin and then sewed the wadding to it so it would look like a layer comming up through the wadding.



This swatch here was from my photo of the turf stacks standing next to eachother. I cut out a piece of carpet. I used this material because it's fluffy like the texture of turf is. Then I painted the image of the turf onto the material using acrylic paints. I think the pattern came out really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment