Thursday 26 April 2012

Sculpture

We were told to make a sculpture representing our mood bored and theme. I decided to go with my mood bored 'scratching'.  Alexandre Farto is the artist I picked for scratching. He's a graffiti artist who scratches pictures into walls of buildings revealing the inner layer of a building. For part of my sculpture I created a hand out of objects that scratch things ( forks, knives, nails, earrings, etc.). I made the shape out of chicken wire. wrapped mascan tape around it. Then I glued the objects to it and spray painted it a skin colour.

I wanted to mimic Alexandre Farto's methods. I made a wall. The top layer to represent skin, and the bottom layer to represent blood. I placed the hand against the wall and scratched into it so it looks like the hand has scratched the wall apart. For my skin layer, I put plaster paris over chicken wire, tore and scratched it apart, and then spray painted it a skin colour.
For my bloody layer of skin I painted bubble wrap and stretched wadding red. I stuck them together with glue. I then placed the skin layer on top of the blood layer using glue and tape.






I glued fake nails to the hand. I painted blood dripping down it in certain areas, and stuck painted wadding to the parts which looked like torn skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment