Sunday 1 April 2012

swatches, swatches everywhere :)


  From this photo of stones I made this piece of shaboori. I put stones in material, tied them and then placed it in a boiling pot for 5 minutes. After that I dyed the material blue to match my colour story. I love the pattern and texture of this swatch.



 From the photo here of turf I took inspiration for my next swatch. I got two pieces of material. I used the gathering method to create a pattern in them. Then I sewed them onto a piece of material to resemble the photo above. I tore the edges of the pieces so they would fray. I did this because when materials fray it goes fluffy like the texture of turf.

 
From this photo of a tire I took inspiration for this swatch. >>>
I quilted the design of the pattern of the tire using polycotton and wadding. After quilting the swatch I glued sugar to the raised pieces on the swatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment